Tuesday 18 June 2013

Bashing people because of their choice in music.

"Hello, which song are you listening to?
 One direction.
"Whoo you're stupid". 
It happens everyday, in some part of this world. Personally, I don't get it. Music is like the food, one can like biryani, other might be craving for daal. You can't judge a person on how much amount of salt they need in their soup. But then someone says " Those who listen to pop music just think about love and other other stupid stuff like that, they don't know anything about real life problems". Well maybe that's the charm, You can stay in fantasy and stop ruining your today by anxiety and overthinking. There are two kinds of people in the world, one who like to think about their problems and the ones who know how to accept them. So you can't blame a person to be wanting to forget his problem through music instead of amplifying his miseries. I've heard tons of metalheads calling little kids stupid because of their choice in music, but being a person who has been a fan of 100s of rock/metal bands and eventually creeping away form that into the pop music, i don't agree with their statements. When i was in my early teens, i started listening to metal, it affected me. It affected me real bad. I started being depressed, insecure, abusive, and utterly rude. You may disagree but that's my personal experience. But then one day, i thought about checking out those pop shitty boybands. I listened to them, got creeped out, thought they were ew. Then i tried listening them again, i checked their interviews and thought they were funny. I found them laughing, living a good life, respecting others, and then i looked at myself, as total opposite of them. So i questioned my self " Cool or happy". Then answer was "Being happy in cooler". The reason why i still listen to them is because they taught me how to live my life. They taught me how to accept problems, be in misery but just shut up. I'm happy now. You can laugh at my choice, but i can laugh that away.
XOxo

No comments:

Post a Comment